The first of its kind in Canada, Schulich’s Master of Business Analytics program gives students the tools and techniques to become experts at data-driven decision-making. The capstone of the program is a Major Research Project in which students focus on hands-on problem-driven research, normally while working on a 12-week project with a company. All Schulich MBAN students are awarded the much-coveted SAS™ (Statistical Analysis Software) certification upon completion of the program.
Admission requirements are an undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work, as well as a strong quantitative background demonstrated by course work in statistics, mathematics, economics, and research methods during undergraduate studies. Post-degree work experience is not required, however it is strongly recommended.
Students of this program will learn about/develop skills in the following areas:
• Learning skills required to apply advanced statistical analysis to gather and analyze data
• Understanding customer and transactional data
• Acquiring the tools to distil big data in a clear and concise manner to support decision making
• Developing proficiency in analytics tools, such as SAS
• Honing presentation, data visualization, and communication skills